Tuesday, March 15, 2011

No network coverage.

Psst, this post is a little bit formal. Why? Because, my seniors might read this, thus, I don't want to curse so much here :)

Yes, we (me and the whole dental faculty, UiTM) went to a camp at KELA Adventure Camp, Raub, Pahang. We spend the whole weekend, from Friday until Sunday. The camp site was so deep in the jungle, we can’t even find any network coverage there. Yeah, there’s a big tsunami at Japan and a badminton tournament between Chong Wei and Lin Dan, also we didn’t even know until the day we came back home.



So, how adventure was KELA Adventure Camp?

First, it’s deep in the jungle, there no network coverage. You can release your stress here.

Second, everything at the camp site was man-built, despite the river and trees of course. The tables, the ‘tower’, the hut/cottage/small house, the dorm, the surau, the toilet, everything! It was roofed with palm leaves and bamboo floored. So classic and village-y. Oh, the toilet! It has no roof, big cement-made tub, and toilet bowls with no flush. No flush is it? I forgot. They purposely made it that way. It was so open, all the girls bathed with the kain batik or clothes on. River water was the main water resources there. 100%! The cement-made tub was distributed with river water through a pipe. Thus, the water was quite turbid. But, we think at the bright side of the water, which was river water is air mutlak. Thus, it is still in the clean-guaranteed.
Third, the activities were adventurous too.
First, there were two version of night walking in the deep jungle. The first one was walking in the group and the second one was walking alone. Can you imagined, that night was rainy and very very dark. When we’re walking in a group, we were given two torch lights. But, in the individual walking, there was no torch light given! Yet, there were blinking lights along the pathway. It was so scary. I got a friend, she was so scared until she cried and her face turns pale. It was a total darkness in there. I can only see the blinking lights. If there was really a ghost in there, well I really can’t see it. There was muddy all over the place, and the earth was very slippery. My friend slipped and got a wound on her palm.
Second, water confident and water trekking. We were given a life jacket each. It was my first time wearing a life jacket. Okay, you may call me outdated. We were briefed about how to wear a life jacket if we ever got a chance again. Well, you know how it feels, if you had wore one. We were taught how to float in the river. There are lying on your back (melentang) and also lying on your belly (meniarap). Then we were drifted away following the flows. It was so fun! I wish I can float all the way the river. Oh, by the way, the river called Sungai Lipis. Ever heard of it?
Third, rope challenging, rafting and flying fox. It’s all about heights. Each of us must walk on a rope with a diameter about 1-3 cm and hold a rope at each of our hand. It’s difficult and scary and vibrating. Flying fox, oh I’m sure all of you have tried them. Rafting, there’s one challenge made by my year 5 seniors. We’re asked to bring the raft against the current. Whattha? It’s fun, and super tiring and dehydrated. Rafting was the most tiring activity ever.

The Malam Kebudayaan was the best, to me. All groups’ performance was so great and funny and damn entertaining. All of my friends and seniors show their true colours! And ‘Kak Limah Balik Rumah’ and Raja Lawak concept owned that night. Wow, I never knew Kak Limah was so popular and everyone-fave-movie nowadays eh? There were boria, dikir barat, drama musical and pantomen. The host are the best part. They’re like Johan and Zizan during hosting Raja Lawak. So funneh!

My group (group number 7) did boria. Oh, I didn’t mention my group had 18 members, right? My group had the most many members in it.  Well, I have to admit. At first, I don’t actually like my group members because I know no one. But, after these 3 days, guess what? I love them! They’re so great, so co-operative and so sporting too. Because of them, we won third place overall and received ‘The Most Co-operative Group Ever’ award. Haha, well, co-operation are team building is all about.

The last part was the session with the fifth batch. They’re so awesome because they survived and almost success dental surgery course and will be the future dental surgeon in 7 weeks time. Congratulations! They also did some activities that test our ‘team-building’ skills. You know, like following the leader’s instructions, help our members, and stuffs. Our group had succeed and won the challenge. Hehe.

Lastly, camping at the great camp site, with awesome participants, co-operative group members, nostalgic moments sleeping in the hut, fun activities, delightful committee, eye-catching scenery are listed in one of the best moment in my life!

Some friends camwhoring before they took off.

Look, how 'man-built' was the hut.

Our banner or bunting, I don't know.


KELA Camp!
Waiting for their turn for the rope challenge and flying fox.
Rope challenge #1
Yayy! This is me, preparing for the rope challenge and flying fox.


Rope challenge #2

Haha! Look at her face, man!
Flying fox.

Barbeque night.
I am waiting for the next ‘Kem Team Building’.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey freakos, thanks for stopping by :)